Friday, September 11, 2015

Country Birthdays


Birthdays in the country are the best!  Recently, a dear friend reached a milestone celebration, so our mutual friends in our bible study gathered fabric for me to put together a table runner for her. The 2 butterfly squares are paper-pieced. Each of the 2 squares has 70 pieces in it. 


I am seriously considering teaching a class on paper piecing. Don't be overwhelmed. The first thing I made had  only 8 pieces in it - a Christmas Tree Mug Rug. Then, I graduated to a 14 piece "Hot Coffee" Mug - Mug Rug.  Then, a very large "Star in the East" followed by smaller sized pieces.

Paper piecing is an easy method for making a simple mug rug, detailed wall hangings and quilts. Basically, you need to be able to sew with a sewing machine on printed, straight lines. Little to no ironing is required.

Classes for 4 people so that everyone can have special attention. What do you think? Would YOU like to take this class? If you are interested, send me a private message.

I did not design this particular butterfly and unfortunately, I cannot remember where I got it.

Remember, Handmade is Heaven-made.

© 2105 Cat Brennan


No comments:

Post a Comment