There's no need to heat up the oven and the entire house to toast coconut. Here's how:
Grab you favorite non-stick skillet. In this instance, I recommend AGAINST using your favorite cast iron pan. My favorite non-stick for toasting coconut is my green, ceramic-coated skillet
1 cup coconut
1. Turn your stove burner on to HIGH
2. When hot, put shredded coconut into non-stick skillet, spread around and place on hot burner.
3. Lower heat to a medium. high.
4. Sir and turn constantly so as not to burn...I used a silicon spatula for this process.
5. When toasted to suit you, remove from heat and poor into a dish to cool.
Sweetened coconut will toast more quickly.
Now, use your imagination in using this delicious treat.
See "CAT FOOD" above, scroll down for 'Aunt Cat's Tumbleweeds' ... replace regular coconut with toasted coconut. Yummy.
© 2015 Cat Brennan