Blood stains can ruin clothing (and linens). Here's a list of 5 DOs and DON'Ts regarding blood stains:
1. DO NOT wash in HOT water; hot water will SET the stain.
2. DO NOT use chlorine bleach; this chemical will only turn the blood stain brown.
3. DO rinse as soon as possible in COLD water; even if you rinse only the stained area.
4. DO pour a small amount of hydrogen peroxide directly onto the stain; you don't even have to dig out your oxy based laundry product.
5. DO let the stain+water+hydrogen peroxide set for a few minutes then rinse and hang to dry.
Now you can launder as usual.
This process works on all types of fabrics that are washable.
Let the professionals handle blood stains on Dry-Clean-Only products.