Saturday, January 30, 2016

Bananas

     When life gives you lemons, make lemon-aide. 
     When life hands you scraps, make a quilt. 
     When life gives you brown bananas, make banana bread.

     There are any number of ways 'out there' on the net for keeping bananas from turning brown. But let's face it, regardless of all your efforts, bananas will turn brown.
     
     We've been told for years to throw those brown bananas in the freezer, then when there are enough collected, thaw them and make banana bread. Saving instead of tossing IS good. But . . .

     Have you ever tried to handle frozen bananas as they thaw? They remind me of okra. Or snails. Or slugs.
   
     My youngest daughter offered a simple, yet brilliant idea. Peel the bananas BEFORE freezing. Stick them in a plastic-for-freezer bag. Then, when you have enough, thaw and make banana bread. You can even mash them IN the bag!

     Share your great ideas with me and I'll share them with the world.

     Here's my email address . . Just click on that link and you can email me. I will never sell or spam your email.

© 2016 Cat Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment