Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Quilting in the Country

     Quilting in the country; what a great subject.  I just finished and shipped off my latest creation.  I don't mind telling you, I'm quite proud of it. 
     I was commissioned back in September to make a wall hanging for a friend (and a talented fellow writer) who wanted a "Star in the East".  
     Last spring when we first began to talk about her story and her vision, she drew a rough sketch, and I "saw it".  It was one of those God moments and I knew it!  I couldn't actually begin work on her special piece until   this  fall but when I did, it "just came together".
     The hanging is a 4 quadrant, paper-pieced 8 pointed star.  I hope you like the finished product as much as I did - approximately 18 X 26.
     The 'white' and the 'navy blue' are  Fairy Frost (c) Cottons by Michael Miller, the gray is Kona (c) Cotton, and the 'hard to see' 3/4" border is a dark green, also Kona (c) Cotton.
     I love Paper Piecing, mainly because a "square" can be perfectly duplicated; well as perfectly as one can do anything this side of heaven.    
     To see the 8 pointed star wall hanging, just click here. 
Or, if you prefer, just click on the page above, entitled,  
                      Cat-fur-to-kitten-britches.
     As always, I love to hear from you.  Have a wonderful week, in the country.

(c)  2013  Cat Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment