Friday, July 16, 2010

Cool Country Crafting

As summer dances onto the calendar we are all looking for ways to stay cool. Watermelon fests, water fights, ice cubes down the britches or playing in the pool.
When I was a little girl, we played with the hose on full tilt. We had our own well; no city water bill with which to struggle. We pushed the hose in the sand and it would "dig" it's way in; actually several feet. I imagined that it was going to Carlsbad Caverns (in New Mexico). I just knew it was going there!  The closest I was to the caverns that hot summer afternoon was getting the hose stuck. I just knew the devil had grabbed it to cool off hades and brother, was I scared! Mama saved the hose and me from utter devastation, but she wouldn't let me tunnel the hose anymore.
Here's a cute item I recently stumbled upon:  Freeze pop holders.  Little fleece 'jackets' for the kids treats .. those ice pop things in long thin plastic tubes. These cute little freeze pop holders are just the right size to keep little fingers from getting too cold.  They're easy to make, fun to use and completely washable. 

Paste the following link into your browser for complete directions.

http://allcrafts.allcraftsblogs.com/2010/06/23/freeze-pop-holders/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Allcrafts+%28AllCrafts.net+Update%29

Hope your Country Summer is cool and fun!
© 2010 Cat Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment