Wednesday, December 8, 2010

COUNTRY CHRISTMAS PART I

christmas winter scene 3
Advent: that wonderful and miraculous time of year when the Christian world counts down to the day we celebrate the birth of Jesus. Most of us know that it wasn’t snowing that night when Mary gave birth in a lowly stable. And, most of us know that Jesus wasn’t born on December 25th. To that, I say, “So what”?? We do know exactly when former presidents George Washington and Abraham Lincoln were born and we don’t celebrate their births on those days.

Loving all things Christmas is strong in my family and among most of my friends. What joy we all get in giving gifts (and some of us will even admit to liking the receiving part too!).

 Many of the women in my family make our gifts for one another; it gives us so much joy and pleasure. Hopefully, the receiver of our labors of love share in that happiness.

Check out the CAT'S CHRISTMAS, Country Style page, please. I promised to show you the Advent calendar I designed and made for my gal pal in Colorado. I am taking orders for Advent calendars for next year; contact me here or by email for particulars. I’ve come up with some other designs that I think you’ll like.

Hope you enjoy the Lighted Jeweled Christmas Tree picture I’ve put on that page, also (come for a visit and you can see it lit). It hangs in my entry way every year and is made from old jewelry. If you have a stash of old costume jewelry you “just can’t throw out or give away”, make yourself one of these beauties! Or, contact me, and we’ll negotiate.

Soon, I’ll add some Christmas ornaments that I think you’ll like.

Nestle in with a good cup of hot chocolate and stay warm. It’s that time of year. Until next time, have a wonderful Country Christmas no matter where you call home.

© 2010 Cat Brennan


© 2010 Aunt Cat’s Place

No comments:

Post a Comment