Sunday, February 12, 2012

Winter in the Country

Winter has come to Central Virginia; since it's the middle of February, I shouldn't complain. Of course, the operative word in that sentence is shouldn't. I don't mind rain and/or snow, but, I do NOT like being cold and right now, at approximately 4:00 PM, the thermometer outside my apartment reads 38°. brrrrr.. 
We had just enough snow yesterday for me to snap a picture, and then it went away. In its wake, we had whistling winds and cold temperatures. If you look closely, you can see the snow falling which was kind of pretty. The temperature registered 43° when I took this photo.
So, like any normal  Country woman, I stayed inside, made Beef Stew and cut out a few projects to sew.  I'll keep you posted on those as I get to the cushions that I'm recovering with a "Log Cabin" pattern.  I'm recycling some denim jeans for this project (thank you all who have provided me with your unwearable jeans).
Christmas was delightful for me again this year.  I  posted some new photos of Christmas gifts that I made.  One is the ornament that I made this year for my family and friends; it's a little ski-guy constructed from gum-ball tree pods from Maryland (in my daughter's yard) and acorns from Virginia (in a friend's yard).  The little skis are actually doll house roofing shingles split in half and the little guy wears a scarf of Home Spun cotton.
Next is a Cupcake Pincushion that I gifted to friends and family members who sew, and yes, I actually made one for myself. Some were "frosted" in chocolate and some are topped with pink "marshmallow frosting".
You'll find the little ornament on Cat's CHRISTMAS Country Style page and the Cupcake Pincushion on the CAT FUR to KITTEN BRITCHES page - all of the page "buttons" are at the top of this blog in the "green area".
Stay warm and have a great week. If you have a Valentine in your life, give him or her an extra hug and kiss and be kind as well (a box of chocolates wouldn't hurt, either).

© 2012 Cat Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment